Are you one of history lovers, but not sure if you should pursue this career? Deciding on the best career is really a difficult task. Therefore, we have separated for you some tips about the Faculty of history!
Before deciding whether to choose this course, it is important that you know some information first. In this article you will know everything about the Faculty of History.
About the Faculty of History
The History course develops in students a great capacity for reflection on man’s actions in time and space, to analyze the effects of these actions and to monitor cultural, religious, political, economic and social evolution.
Aspects such as economics, health and social rights are some of the many subjects that a historian will see at the University. All of these studies are done through a lot of research and using data from confidential books and files.
Your work routine is arduous, but fascinating if you like what you do. Get ready to search for documents such as manuscripts, objects, recordings, forms, films, newspapers and photos.
After conducting his research, he selects, classifies and lists the information collected. Recalling that these searches can be done through archives, interviews with historians and similar subjects.
After all this process, the professional dates the fact or object, verifies its authenticity and analyzes the importance and the meaning for the understanding of historical events.
Disciplines of the Faculty of History
Most courses currently offered are undergraduate courses and, in addition to specific subjects, subjects related to pedagogical practices are covered, from the Methodology to the didactic part. Specific subjects address topics such as:
- Ancient, medieval and contemporary history;
- History of Brazil, Europe and Asia.
Themes like History of Politics and Theology will also be studied and you, as a historian, will need to improve. In addition to the disciplines applied during the course, reading and participating in lectures and seminars are also part of the history student’s routine.
Areas of expertise of the History course
The professional, after qualification, will be able to teach both in the Public Network and in the Private Network, in Universities or Schools. Graduate professionals are qualified to teach at Universities.
In addition, there are also the following areas of expertise:
Authorship and Consulting – works in publishing houses or educational institutions in the development and evaluation of teaching material. Assist in the production of films and soap operas from a certain historical period.
Teaching – teaches general or history classes in Brazil for elementary, high school or pre-university entrance courses.
Documentation and preservation – act in the preservation and organization of historical documents from collections of museums and documentation centers.
Research – develop theses, articles and / or books based on investigations of specific subjects in archives, universities and research institutes.
Check out some chairs that integrate the Faculty of History:
- Brazilian Sign Language;
- Information and communication technologies;
- Ancient classical history;
- History of independent America;
- Medieval history: culture and society;
- Theory of History: contemporary themes;
- History of colonial Brazil;
- Environmental management and social responsibility;
- Modern history I;
- African history;
- General and Brazilian historiography;
- Educational Psychology;
- History of the Empire of Brazil;
- History of independent Africa;
- Modern history II;
- Research seminar I;
- Museum and heritage;
- History of Brazil Republic I;
- Contemporary history I;
- Teaching method and practice – Internship guidance is mandatory;
- Interdisciplinary teaching I projects;
- Supervised curricular internship in History I;
- Research seminar II;
- Basic education legislation and educational policy practices;
- History of Brazil Republic II;
- Contemporary history II;
- Teaching methodology and practice – Supervision internship practice with advisor;
- Interdisciplinary teaching projects II;
- Supervised curricular internship in History II;
- Portuguese language;
- Theory of History;
- Eastern ancient history;
- History of Colonial America;
- Medieval history: politics and economics;
- Teaching methodology and practice – It will involve an internship;
- Interdisciplinary teaching projects III;
- Supervised curricular internship in History III.
Now that you know everything about history school and where you can work, it’s time to choose where to study, right?